Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find my "Other Documents" in my iCloud storage?

Hi!

I have a 50 GB storage plan on iCloud and I just realised that half of it is already full.

My photos and videos take up about 8 GB, and according to the "Manage" button about 15 GB are used by my "Other Documents":

User uploaded file

The problem is that I am only using about 300 MB of storage with my documents on iCloud:

User uploaded file

Even if I add all the rest of my documents from Pages, my Desktop, Keynote, etc., it does not add up.

I am also using iCloud for automatically optimising storage on my Mac:

User uploaded file

Still, I cannot find out how to find these 14 GB of "Other Documents".

It's strange that 30% of my storage plan is taken up by files that I cannot even find. Can someone please help me clean up?

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Aug 7, 2017 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2017 3:11 AM

I assume "when summing the storage usage of all files and folders in my iCloud Drive" means these.

User uploaded file

First, try emptying the trash can on your Mac and see if that helps, if not…

If the documents and data you have in iCloud don't match the space that is reportedly used by them then it's unlikely that you can do anything at your end of things. Your only option now may well be to contact Apple iCloud supportfor assistance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2017 3:11 AM in response to petifromhun

I assume "when summing the storage usage of all files and folders in my iCloud Drive" means these.

User uploaded file

First, try emptying the trash can on your Mac and see if that helps, if not…

If the documents and data you have in iCloud don't match the space that is reportedly used by them then it's unlikely that you can do anything at your end of things. Your only option now may well be to contact Apple iCloud supportfor assistance.

Aug 9, 2017 3:01 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Dear Mr. Churchill,

First of all, thank you for replying to my question.

Of course I found the location of my iCloud Drive in Finder. This is not the problem.

The problem is the following: when clicking on Get Info above my iCloud Drive, I get 16 GB used as a result. But when summing the storage usage of all files and folders in my iCloud Drive I barely get more than 300 MB. Even when adding my 8 GB of photos and videos there is still a huge gap in what I cannot see.

So what is it that takes up all of this storage space in my iCloud Drive?

Thanks in advance!

How do I find my "Other Documents" in my iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.