Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork 9.3 won't update

Original Problem: How Do I download a previous version of Pages?

After purchasing an iWork '09 disc, I updated that physically from the Apple website to iWork 9.3. Upon finishing the install, I checked for updates in the Mac App Store, hoping for the newer updates to appear. A few things occurred.

1) I checked the updates tab and it said there were no updates available.

2) I went directly to the iWork apps themselves to update. The download button had shifted to update, however it just circled and did not download any updates.

I restarted the computer in hopes this would fix the problem. However, it has not. Do I need a more recent version from Apple, or is there anything else?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Aug 7, 2017 8:54 PM

5 replies

Aug 7, 2017 10:34 PM in response to owlrose97

Hi owlrose,

The n.3 versions are the last updates for the iWork '09 applications.

The iWork '09 applications will run well in El Capitan, as will the version(s) that follow those—Numbers 3, Pages 5 and Keynote 6. These versions, which for Numbers and Pages were from-the-ground-up rewrites, are no longer available from Apple, and were never released on 'hard' media. They were superceded by Numbers 4, Pages 6, and Keynote 7, all of which require macOS Sierra (10.12.x) as their minimum OS level.

As Peggy noted, you should be able to download the current versions of Pages, Numbers and Keynote after upgrading your OS to Sierra. In the meantime your n.3 updates of the iWork applications will serve you well.

Regards,

Barry

Aug 8, 2017 5:50 AM in response to owlrose97

Apple only keeps the current version of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote in the Mac App Store, and does not provide any other means of obtaining previous full installers of these applications. The time is past to obtain anything newer from Apple than the iWork Update 9.3 that you have already applied to your iWork '09 applications — since you are not able to update to macOS Sierra on that mid-2007 iMac.

As it turns out, Pages '09 v4.3 is more capable, and stable on El Capitan, with more retained, practical functionality than if you had macOS Sierra with the new applications.

iWork 9.3 won't update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.