Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with Sort option in Photos 2.0 after using the change time option

Hello,

I have a strange problem to sort pictures inside an album on Photos.

I came back from a trip where i used :

• An iPhone correctly set up with local time
  • A Nikon which i forgot to change the time, and took pictures +2h

I charged all my Nikon pictures into Aperture, and used the option to change the time of the pictures minus 2h. Then i started to select the ones i want to keep, and delete.

Then I changed my mind and thought this trip would be the occasion to leave Aperture for Photos, so I reimported my Nikon photos from Aperture to Photos.

Then I imported my iPhone photos directly to Photos.

To simplify my work for deleting and selecting best pictures from both these 2 cameras and only stay focus on this trip pictures, I created an Album automatically based on the weeks of the pictures, so I can mix pictures from iPhone and Nikon together and compare them chronologically.

I set up the option for sort and it is on "Oldest pictures first".

Unfortunately, I experiment a weird behaviour from Photos, the sort is not exactly right if it's almost true, it mixxed in a weird way in a 2 hours interval.

Fort instance :

18:22 Nikon

18:26 iPhone

18:31 Nikon

18:36 Nikon

19:06 iPhone

19:11 Nikon

17:21 iPhone

19:34 Nikon

18:19 iPhone
18:26 iPhone

What we can see :

• The 6 first pictures follow the right order, even if they are from 2 different cameras.
  • Then there is 2 iPhone photos (in red) who are older than all the previous
  • Then a Nikon who follow the initial order
  • Then 2 iPhone photos (in red again) who are also back in the past

Interesting to see that the sort will be allright if the red pictures was +2 hours, but I don't know if it's a clue.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem ?

Thanks 🙂

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Aug 9, 2017 5:31 AM

1 reply

Aug 9, 2017 9:34 AM in response to Munak

Nikon pictures are not involved into this issue because I finally realized that I had the problem even in the iPhone pictures only.

I checked more wisely the concerned pictures and I realized it was pictures that i modified in a iPhone software then saved into another photo.

But those cloned pictures have the same date and hour for created / modified / took, so why Photos can't sort them correctly ? 😕 I checked, and EXIF information are exactly the same, except on GPS information which have been simplified on the cloned ones.

On my exemple, the blue ones are the cloned pictures, and the green one are the originals.

15:10 iPhone

18:26 iPhone - cloned

19:06 iPhone - cloned

18:19 iPhone

18:26 iPhone - original

18:29 iPhone

18:30 iPhone

19:06 iPhone - original

19:14 iPhone

Issue with Sort option in Photos 2.0 after using the change time option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.