Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I stop account recovery

I remembered my password on iPhone.

Can I stop accountrecovery

Posted on Aug 9, 2017 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2017 7:07 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities alliew,

It looks like you started the two-step verification recovery process, but have since remembered your forgotten Apple ID password. That's wonderful news you were able to remember your forgotten password! As you will see in Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery , the recovery process should be canceled on its own:

Check the status, start over, or try to shorten the wait

Here's how to cancel or restart the process, see if recovery is pending, or try to shorten your wait time:

• If you remember your Apple ID and sign in—or regain access to a trusted device that's already signed in—account recovery cancels itself for you. You can continue using your Apple ID as usual.
  • Did you start account recovery from iforgot.apple.com, and then access one of your trusted devices? If so, restart account recovery from the settings on that device, instead of through iforgot.apple.com.
  • Want to see if your recovery request is in progress? Check on iforgot.apple.com.
  • You might be able to provide credit-card details and shorten the recovery period from iforgot.apple.com. If you’re given the option to confirm your credit-card details, an authorization request goes to the card issuer. If you enter the correct details but you're asked to reenter the correct security information, contact your card issuer. The issuer might be declining your authorization attempts.

If you need further help with canceling account recovery, reach out to AppleCare Support here: Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security .

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2017 7:07 AM in response to alliew

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities alliew,

It looks like you started the two-step verification recovery process, but have since remembered your forgotten Apple ID password. That's wonderful news you were able to remember your forgotten password! As you will see in Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery , the recovery process should be canceled on its own:

Check the status, start over, or try to shorten the wait

Here's how to cancel or restart the process, see if recovery is pending, or try to shorten your wait time:

• If you remember your Apple ID and sign in—or regain access to a trusted device that's already signed in—account recovery cancels itself for you. You can continue using your Apple ID as usual.
  • Did you start account recovery from iforgot.apple.com, and then access one of your trusted devices? If so, restart account recovery from the settings on that device, instead of through iforgot.apple.com.
  • Want to see if your recovery request is in progress? Check on iforgot.apple.com.
  • You might be able to provide credit-card details and shorten the recovery period from iforgot.apple.com. If you’re given the option to confirm your credit-card details, an authorization request goes to the card issuer. If you enter the correct details but you're asked to reenter the correct security information, contact your card issuer. The issuer might be declining your authorization attempts.

If you need further help with canceling account recovery, reach out to AppleCare Support here: Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security .

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Can I stop account recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.