Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using an iPhone or iPad with a projector

I teach iPhone and iPad classes to senior citizens, so I want to utilize more technology in class. I've been trying to find a way to connect each of these devices to a projector that doesn't require WiFi. I want to be able to show how to do different things on the device as its displayed on the wall. I have WiFi in my classroom but it's very slow and when you get several people on the same WiFi connection at the same time, it gets even slower. It's as bad as watching molasses dripping down from a spoon. I do have a Laptop and a projector with HDMI ports. I imagine that I would also need to get an Apple adapter to set everything up too?

Is there any way that I could get this to work without using a WiFi connection? Any help would be most appreciated!

iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Aug 9, 2017 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2017 12:50 PM

Hello,

You can use a Digital AV or VGA adapter to connect your iOS device to a display, like a TV, projector, or computer monitor.

More info here:

About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

8 replies

Aug 9, 2017 5:05 PM in response to Palarin22

Apple sells an adapter that lets you convert your iPhone or iPad lightning connector to HDMI or AV cables that your projector can use. You simply plug the cable between your iOS device and your projector and swipe up and choose airplay mirroring and you'll see on the projector screen the same thing as on your phone. If you use fast moving video you might see some delay or voice sync issues, but with any decent projector and newer iOS device it shouldn't be an issue. Stop by the Apple store and ask for the lightning to HDM AV cable.

Using an iPhone or iPad with a projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.