Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rec'd 2 calls today telling me not to use my Apple devices for financial data until I speak to Apple rep at 855-628-7833. Calling

Rec'd 2 calls today telling me not to use my Apple devices for financial data until I speak to Apple rep at 855-628-7833. Calling No. 727-279-5897. Is this a scam?

I have no idea where to Post this question but must make a choice. I hope someone will see this and either answer my question or tell me where to correctly post it. Thanks

Posted on Aug 9, 2017 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2017 2:17 PM

As Skydiver119 says - SCAM(s)

Google both numbers (just copy & paste) and top results all say SCAM with some details

Since they are offshore, they don't even bother changing their phone numbers - so you should be able to successfully block the calls in the future

Block phone numbers and contacts or filter messages on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2017 2:17 PM in response to shoppertoo1

As Skydiver119 says - SCAM(s)

Google both numbers (just copy & paste) and top results all say SCAM with some details

Since they are offshore, they don't even bother changing their phone numbers - so you should be able to successfully block the calls in the future

Block phone numbers and contacts or filter messages on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch - Apple Support

Aug 9, 2017 2:09 PM in response to shoppertoo1

It's a scam. You callt number and they will probably want your credit card number to 'fix' something, which means they will steal money from you.

Apple will NEVER call you and ask for info.

If you want, turn it into the police, although honestly I doubt they'll do much. Just stop answering calls from that number and let your voice mail handle it.

Rec'd 2 calls today telling me not to use my Apple devices for financial data until I speak to Apple rep at 855-628-7833. Calling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.