Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which Macbook Pro should I buy to run the following softwares?

I need to buy a new or refurbished MacBook Pro Retina Display 15" model and wish to study sound designing. I want to run the following softwares on OS Mountain Lion upgradable to OS Mavericks with windows 7sp1 installed in bootcamp:

Ableton Live 9

Fl Studio

Wwise

Fmod

Logic Pro 9

Nuendo 4

I'm looking for a model that has at least 2 USB 3.0 ports , 3 would be even better

I need a portable laptop that has an upgradable RAM up to 16GB and HDD so that I can swap it with an SSD later. I don't want anything soldered

Posted on Aug 10, 2017 7:56 AM

6 replies

Aug 10, 2017 8:07 AM in response to Noobie747

The newest MacBook Pros that have upgradeable memory are the 2012 non-retina models. A 2012 computer is an old computer soon to be designated obsolete or vintage Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support. I think your approach should be to get a newer, possible refurbished Refurbished MacBook Pro 15" - Refurbished Notebooks, 1-Year Warranty - Apple, computer with 16GB RAM and then check with the app developers as to which versions of their respective apps run on the computer you are interested in.

Aug 10, 2017 8:12 AM in response to Noobie747

Same answer as your other post:

If you want a new MBP with USB ports, this is your only choice: http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MJLQ2LL/A&step=config#

It is also often available as a refurbished model (Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Quad-core Intel i7 with Retina Display - Apple), however, it is sometimes on sale, new, at Best Buy for about the same price, and at B&H Photo.

If you buy a 2016 or 2017, you'll need to use Thunderbolt 3/USB-C to USB adapters to get USB functionality.

Which Macbook Pro should I buy to run the following softwares?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.