Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck on 'Attempting Data Recovery' screen

So my partner recently got a iPhone 7. He forgot his passcode. We have tried to factory reset it via iTunes. We get one error message of 0xE800015. When we finally get to the correct screen on iTunes. It says to update the software. So we did as it wouldn't let you factory reset it. Since doing this it has been stuck on a white screen saying 'Attempting Data Recovery' once that is gone it says it has failed and comes back saying press home button to restore.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

Posted on Aug 10, 2017 6:33 PM

2 replies

Aug 11, 2017 10:42 AM in response to RainyDay93

Hi there, RainyDay93.

After reviewing your post, you'd forgotten the passcode for your iPhone 7 and were trying to restore it to factory settings in order to enable it again. You received an iTunes error and finally got back to the "Connect to iTunes" screen. Now your iPhone keeps looping through "Attempting Data Recovery" back to restoring. I'm happy to help.

If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Attempt to place your iPhone in recovery mode (Connect to iTunes screen) once again and set it up again.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

Stuck on 'Attempting Data Recovery' screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.