Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add water aerobics class to workout

I take anhoyr aqua class and would like to as this to watch.

Apple Watch Series 2, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Aug 12, 2017 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2017 4:51 PM

Hi

The Workout app includes two swimming activity types: Pool Swim and Open Water Swim. However, both of these activity types assume that you will be swimming continuously, so neither is appropriate for water aerobics / fitness.

For water fitness classes, instead record your activity as "Other". This will credit one minute of Exercise for each full minute of the workout. Active calories will be estimated at a rate equivalent to a brisk walk or based on data recorded by the heart rate sensor, whichever is higher.

When saving your workout, tap on "Name Workout" to label your activity as "Water Fitness".

You may also wish to lock your watch to prevent accidental screen interactions during your workout:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2017 4:51 PM in response to Coco212

Hi

The Workout app includes two swimming activity types: Pool Swim and Open Water Swim. However, both of these activity types assume that you will be swimming continuously, so neither is appropriate for water aerobics / fitness.

For water fitness classes, instead record your activity as "Other". This will credit one minute of Exercise for each full minute of the workout. Active calories will be estimated at a rate equivalent to a brisk walk or based on data recorded by the heart rate sensor, whichever is higher.

When saving your workout, tap on "Name Workout" to label your activity as "Water Fitness".

You may also wish to lock your watch to prevent accidental screen interactions during your workout:

How can I add water aerobics class to workout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.