You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is mail drop

All of a sudden when I try to email a video I get a mail drop pop up box. How come I can no longer send a compressed video. I found out the way to do it now is to insert the video into the body of the email, so what is the propose of mail drop?

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Aug 13, 2017 4:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2017 4:27 PM

See the following from iCloud: Add an attachment to an email

If you want to attach files that are too large to send in email, you can use Mail Drop. It lets you upload attachments up to 5 GB and send a link or preview to your recipients. You can send these attachments from iCloud.com or from the Mail app on your iOS device (iOS 9.2 or later) or Mac (OS X 10.11 or later).

Also see: Mail Drop limits - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 13, 2017 4:27 PM in response to judylady

See the following from iCloud: Add an attachment to an email

If you want to attach files that are too large to send in email, you can use Mail Drop. It lets you upload attachments up to 5 GB and send a link or preview to your recipients. You can send these attachments from iCloud.com or from the Mail app on your iOS device (iOS 9.2 or later) or Mac (OS X 10.11 or later).

Also see: Mail Drop limits - Apple Support

Aug 15, 2017 8:23 AM in response to judylady

It depends on what you are trying to get and from what kind of device (iPhone, computer, etc). With an iPhone with the proper settings turned on, most things are automatically synced from iCloud to the phone. With a computer that is also true or you can use an internet browser and log in to www.icloud.com. You may want to reply with more details.

What is mail drop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.