Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete Red Alerts Emergency from emails that loaded itself from an app I installed that has nothing but adds

After loading a weather app an email account was installed called Red Alert emergency that loads adds as emails. It has no way to delete it. How can I delete it?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Aug 13, 2017 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2017 5:17 PM

Go to Settings/General/Profiles and delete the profile for it. And absolutely, positively, never, ever, approve installing a profile on your device again. They don't install automatically; you must explicitly accept profiles.

83 replies

Oct 6, 2017 4:04 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you! I was so frustrated since I kept getting 'junk e-mail' as RedAlert Emergency alerts. How that happened I don't know, but getting junk e-mail as emergency alerts was disconcerting. If I paid for that, I am not even going to bother. I just deleted the app as the regular weather forecast, offers to buy things, etc. do not constitute RedAlerts. I hope Apple does something about that in their App Store.

Apr 18, 2018 6:03 PM in response to terri8300

User uploaded fileI found the same profile “RedAlert Emergency” in my settings & then saw that I have 333 emails received everyday since 1/13/18 which could possibly be the day I started looking at Turbo Tax to do my 2017 tax returns. I never touch a link unless I’m on a website I 100% trust. Most of the emails are daily weather related with a few “claim your $50 amazon offers” User uploaded file& Publisher Clearing House stuff but there are 2 that are freaking me out - from “Social Security Benefits” &

“Federal Income Tax”

User uploaded file

Feb 16, 2018 5:07 PM in response to beaches3

Your gmail hasn't been hacked, unless someone has your Google password. If you don't have 2 factor authentication on your gmail account you should probably add it, however. If you add 2 factor authentication you need to either switch to using the gmail app instead of the built in mail app or generate an application-specific password to use with the Apple mail app.

Feb 26, 2018 7:09 AM in response to NYER1

The same happened to me but it was another app from the store: Samsung Smart TV remote. After loading the app, I started getting ‘local’ ads of cars for sale, etc. This is the new ‘edge database’ hack? My phone became a device on the ‘edge’ of the network. I noted also had another Profile on my phone for ‘Xfinity’: this one I gather allowed me to hop onto ‘home’ Comcast Users’ modems without the owner knowing, to access broadband networks ‘owned’ by NBC Universal. Finally one called Good Enterprise that allow me to send/receive work emails, and I believe, for my employer to monitor and hack my emails from my private email boxes. I have removed all of these and feel this is a major security violation for iPhones. These profiles seem to be providing ‘drivers’ that capture and send user data, gps info, etc, back to the sponsors.

Feb 26, 2018 8:42 AM in response to Kar505

You are correct, profiles can affect the security of data on your phone. That is why Apple requires that you accept them before they are installed. And why you should refuse them if you are prompted to install them. About the only profile you should have is a Device Management profile from your employer if you have a company email account on your phone. And only then if it is important to you to have access to company email on your personal phone.

Mar 13, 2018 12:57 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you so much Lawrence for the directions as well as assurance that nothing else on my phone was compromised! I’m am old dog but try to remain somewhat tech savvy. I’m in the Pacific on vacation and was looking for local “Emergency Weather Alerts”. Red Alerts Emergency caught me off guard and I had no idea I was accepting a profile. Guess I’ll put on my glasses next time I try to read the screen on my iPhone.

How do I delete Red Alerts Emergency from emails that loaded itself from an app I installed that has nothing but adds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.