Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my iPhone while I am backing it up?

Can I use my iPhone while backing it up?

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 14, 2017 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2017 10:46 AM

If you are doing an automatic backup, the screen has to be locked.

To let iCloud automatically back up your device each day, here's what you need to do:

• Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup.
  • Connect your device to a power source.
  • Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
  • Make sure that your device's screen is locked.
  • Check that you have enough available space in iCloud for the backup. When you sign in to iCloud, you get 5GB of iCloud storage for free. If you need more iCloud storage, you can buy more from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Plans start at 50GB for $0.99 (USD) a month. Learn more about prices in your region.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2017 10:46 AM in response to Bulaboy64

If you are doing an automatic backup, the screen has to be locked.

To let iCloud automatically back up your device each day, here's what you need to do:

• Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup.
  • Connect your device to a power source.
  • Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
  • Make sure that your device's screen is locked.
  • Check that you have enough available space in iCloud for the backup. When you sign in to iCloud, you get 5GB of iCloud storage for free. If you need more iCloud storage, you can buy more from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Plans start at 50GB for $0.99 (USD) a month. Learn more about prices in your region.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Can I use my iPhone while I am backing it up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.