Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to remove the Advanced Mac Cleaner from my MacBook Air

Please help. I need to remove the advanced mac cleaner from my macbook air.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 14, 2017 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2017 8:41 PM

Open Finder (the 2 color face on your dock).

Choose Applications from the left side of the window. When the list shows up, choose Utilities.

In Utilities, choose Activity Monitor.

In Activity Monitor, choose the CPU button at the top.

Next, click on the words 'Process Name' at the top left. This will make everything show up in alphabetical order.

In the Process Name list, locate Advance Mac Cleaner and highlight it.

Click the stop sign top left to stop this process. (You may have to enter your password.)

Close the Activity Monitor window.

------ Okay, now advanced Mac Cleaner isn't running any more. Let's get rid of it. -----------

On the Finder window, choose Applications again. When the list shows up, choose Advance Mac Cleaner.

Drag it to the trash.

-------Progress! One more step.----------

Open System Preferences (the grey cog wheel on the dock. If it's not there, click the black Apple logo top left and choose System Preferences.)

Select Users & Groups.

Choose Login Items.

Highlight Advanced Mac Cleaner, and remove it by clicking the minus sign at the bottom of the list. You'll have to enter your password.

--------Let's make sure-------

Head over to http://www.malwarebytes.org and download Malwarebytes. Once you install it, run the scan and delete any threats it finds.

--------You're done.-------

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2017 8:41 PM in response to Morgan6358

Open Finder (the 2 color face on your dock).

Choose Applications from the left side of the window. When the list shows up, choose Utilities.

In Utilities, choose Activity Monitor.

In Activity Monitor, choose the CPU button at the top.

Next, click on the words 'Process Name' at the top left. This will make everything show up in alphabetical order.

In the Process Name list, locate Advance Mac Cleaner and highlight it.

Click the stop sign top left to stop this process. (You may have to enter your password.)

Close the Activity Monitor window.

------ Okay, now advanced Mac Cleaner isn't running any more. Let's get rid of it. -----------

On the Finder window, choose Applications again. When the list shows up, choose Advance Mac Cleaner.

Drag it to the trash.

-------Progress! One more step.----------

Open System Preferences (the grey cog wheel on the dock. If it's not there, click the black Apple logo top left and choose System Preferences.)

Select Users & Groups.

Choose Login Items.

Highlight Advanced Mac Cleaner, and remove it by clicking the minus sign at the bottom of the list. You'll have to enter your password.

--------Let's make sure-------

Head over to http://www.malwarebytes.org and download Malwarebytes. Once you install it, run the scan and delete any threats it finds.

--------You're done.-------

Nov 10, 2017 11:25 AM in response to KMcCMedia

Run the Activity Monitor in LaunchPad. Search for "helper" and look for helperamc or anything advanced mac cleaner. Once found, click on the "i" icon on top left above process name. Click on "Sample" at bottom left. Locate the path. Copy this address.

Go to Finder > Go > Go to Folder > enter your path address from above

Look for Advanced Mac Cleaner + hlpramc + amc + Logs folders in Library folder and send to trash. Empty trash.

I need to remove the Advanced Mac Cleaner from my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.