Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud space not updating after deleting photos

I'm signed up for the 50GB iCloud subscription. I had about 40GB of photos uploaded there, which combined with my device backups put me at the size limit. I backed up my photos to an external hard drive last night and then deleted the vast majority of my pictures from the Photos app on my iPhone 6 Plus. I received a warning that the photos would NOT be sent to the Recently Deleted folder, as there was not enough space, and I accepted. There are now only around 500 pictures stored on my iPhone, but when I checked this morning, iCloud is still showing as having 40GB in Photos stored, and no space left on my iCloud drive. Rebooting my phone did not resolve. Does it just take longer than I'm expecting for iCloud to update, or does deleting pictures out of your Photos app no longer also delete from your iCloud?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Aug 16, 2017 6:50 AM

5 replies

Aug 16, 2017 1:33 PM in response to Eric Root

Okay, I went here and I see that none of my photos have been deleted...there is a Recently Deleted folder, it is empty.

After signing out and back in to my iCloud account on my phone, I am no longer able to access my iCloud Photo Library on my phone. I receive a message that there is not enough space to upload my current pictures. Is there any way to delete large amounts of photos at the same time from the iCloud web interface?

iCloud space not updating after deleting photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.