Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos not downloading to PC

I have iCloud for PC (v6.2.2) installed on my Windows 10 PC. Photos from my iOS devices appear online at iCloud.com but are not downloading to my PC. "Download" is selected the Photos Options in iCloud and the proper folder is selected (Pictures\iCloud Photos\downloads). That folder contains a dozen or so old iOS photos that have long-since been deleted from my iOS photo library. No current or recent photos are in the downloads folder.

Given that recent photos appear at iCloud.com, it seems that my iOS devices are uploading properly. All photo options are checked in iCloud for PC, except iCloud Photo Library (because I don't want to upload photos from my PC to iCloud).

Thank you.

Toshiba Laptop-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 17, 2017 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2017 2:52 PM

Hey there, Pete.

I see that you're not receiving photos which have been uploaded to iCloud Photo Library from your iPhone downloaded to your PC. I'm happy to help.

Set up and use iCloud Photo Library on your Windows PC -- In order for your PC to receive downloads, iCloud Photo Library needs to be on. Since you'd like to keep your PC from uploading to iCloud, as an alternative, you could download your photos from iCloud.com directly to your PC.

Download your photos and videos from iCloud Photo Library

New photos and videos you add to iCloud Photo Library will automatically download to your PC. You can also download your collection by year when you follow these steps:

1. Open a File Explorer window.
  2. Under Favorites, click iCloud Photos.
  3. Click Download photos and videos.
  4. Choose the photos and videos you want to download and click Download.

Your photos and videos download to the location you set in iCloud Photos Options.

Have a great day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2017 2:52 PM in response to Pete Parkinson

Hey there, Pete.

I see that you're not receiving photos which have been uploaded to iCloud Photo Library from your iPhone downloaded to your PC. I'm happy to help.

Set up and use iCloud Photo Library on your Windows PC -- In order for your PC to receive downloads, iCloud Photo Library needs to be on. Since you'd like to keep your PC from uploading to iCloud, as an alternative, you could download your photos from iCloud.com directly to your PC.

Download your photos and videos from iCloud Photo Library

New photos and videos you add to iCloud Photo Library will automatically download to your PC. You can also download your collection by year when you follow these steps:

1. Open a File Explorer window.
  2. Under Favorites, click iCloud Photos.
  3. Click Download photos and videos.
  4. Choose the photos and videos you want to download and click Download.

Your photos and videos download to the location you set in iCloud Photos Options.

Have a great day!

Sep 10, 2017 3:06 PM in response to Pete Parkinson

This is a reply to Jeremy V.

1. File explorer windows do not have favourites. Do you mean Quick Access?

2. When iCloud photo window opens, the options are 'downloads' or 'shared'. Not 'download photos and videos'.

3. Clicking on Downloads opens the iCloud photos file. Old photos are present. New photos will no longer download.

4. There is no option to choose the photos you want and click download.

5: where is iCloud options?

in short, I can make no sense of what you are saying and it does not help solve this problem in any way

iCloud photos not downloading to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.