Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I activate my iPhone using iTunes?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Aug 17, 2017 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2017 10:36 PM

Please see If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

If you still can't activate, here's how to activate your iPhone through iTunes instead:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Check that your computer has an Internet connection.
  3. Open iTunes on your computer. With the cable that came with your iPhone, connect your iPhone to your computer.
  4. Wait while iTunes detects and activates your iPhone:
    • If iTunes shows, "Set up as New" or "Restore from Backup," it means that iTunes activated your iPhone.
    • If an error in iTunes says that the SIM card isn't compatible, contact your carrier.

Assuming your activating a SIM card.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2017 10:36 PM in response to Ericajoy20

Please see If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

If you still can't activate, here's how to activate your iPhone through iTunes instead:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Check that your computer has an Internet connection.
  3. Open iTunes on your computer. With the cable that came with your iPhone, connect your iPhone to your computer.
  4. Wait while iTunes detects and activates your iPhone:
    • If iTunes shows, "Set up as New" or "Restore from Backup," it means that iTunes activated your iPhone.
    • If an error in iTunes says that the SIM card isn't compatible, contact your carrier.

Assuming your activating a SIM card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.