Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I set my Apple Watch to measure the distance of a walk?

I want to measure how far I walked in miles. When I go on a walk, can my Apple watch measure how far I went?

Apple Watch Sport 42mm (1st Gen), watchOS 3.2.3

Posted on Aug 18, 2017 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2017 7:20 AM

Hi

For the most accurate results, be sure to record specific fitness activities as workouts using the Workout app (or a third-party app) and to choose the activity type that most closely matches your workout, including choosing Outdoor Walk or Indoor Walk as appropriate for walking workouts.

This enables Apple Watch to use the most appropriate sensors and data sources for that activity type when tracking results. After completing your workout, the app will display your results, including distance.

More information and instructions:

Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2017 7:20 AM in response to boztab

Hi

For the most accurate results, be sure to record specific fitness activities as workouts using the Workout app (or a third-party app) and to choose the activity type that most closely matches your workout, including choosing Outdoor Walk or Indoor Walk as appropriate for walking workouts.

This enables Apple Watch to use the most appropriate sensors and data sources for that activity type when tracking results. After completing your workout, the app will display your results, including distance.

More information and instructions:

Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Can I set my Apple Watch to measure the distance of a walk?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.