Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer all Notes saved on iphone to iMac?

I have a lot of Notes (298!) saved on my iPhone that I would like to move to my iMac. It seems if I save Notes through iCloud, I would be able to access them on the iMac. However, I do not want to purchase extra storage so this is not an option.

To retype all the information stored would be too time-consuming. I tried to email one in the hope that I could copy the content onto Pages but it did not work.

Appreciate if anyone can help. Thank you.

Suzanna

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Aug 18, 2017 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2017 8:00 PM

Notes, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, do not count against your iCloud storage.

So, are the Notes on your phone under the "On My Phone" section? If so, then turn on Notes under Settings>Your Name>iCloud.

Then in your Notes app, go to the On My Phone notes list, and click on Edit, then on Move All at the bottom. Your list of Notes sections will display. Click on Notes under the iCloud section to move your local notes to iCloud.

Then go to >System Preferences>iCloud, and turn on Notes on your Mac. If both devices are connected to Wifi, the Note will transfer to the iCloud Notes section on your Mac. It might take a little time to complete them, but they will download.

Cheers,

GB

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2017 8:00 PM in response to eskaycee

Notes, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, do not count against your iCloud storage.

So, are the Notes on your phone under the "On My Phone" section? If so, then turn on Notes under Settings>Your Name>iCloud.

Then in your Notes app, go to the On My Phone notes list, and click on Edit, then on Move All at the bottom. Your list of Notes sections will display. Click on Notes under the iCloud section to move your local notes to iCloud.

Then go to >System Preferences>iCloud, and turn on Notes on your Mac. If both devices are connected to Wifi, the Note will transfer to the iCloud Notes section on your Mac. It might take a little time to complete them, but they will download.

Cheers,

GB

How to transfer all Notes saved on iphone to iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.