Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't view iTunes' recently added as a list! (only as thumbnails, grid view)

Hi,

i have been frustrated lately with the iTunes as it is these days (i always have the latest version), not allowing me to choose to view my playlists and such as a list of items/songs, rather than the grid view of thumbnails which i find very UN-user friendly, very difficult to navigate!

Why has iTunes decided to stop allowing us these different view options??

Will this be fixed in future upgrades?

Or am i simply unable to see a hidden option that already exists somewhere??

As an example:

my friend recently shared 3 of her custom-made playlists (i dont mean itunes playlists here, i mean songs she compiled into nice hour-long sets independently) to me, via dropbox. I downloaded all the songs, and imported them all into iTunes. Then, i wanted to compare everything in the lists in my Mac's finder window with my recently added iTunes list, (to double check that i got them all, etc...).

But to my dismay, i find i can only view them in these big clumsy image boxes, in a grid formation in iTunes... and nowhere can i find a simple menu item allowing me to view it all as a nice neat concise list instead!

Help anyone??😕

Thanks!

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.4), null

Posted on Aug 19, 2017 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2017 2:56 AM

Hi Coatli,

In version 12.6.2, you can bring back the old list/column view in a couple of different ways:

• To see your whole library in list form, select "Songs" from the sidebar.
  • To view a playlist this way, go to the View menu and select View As > Songs.
  • "Recently Added" is a special case, as this does not function like an ordinary playlist. You could make your own Recently Added playlist, if you want, by creating a new smart playlist and giving it a couple of simple rules — for instance:

Media kind > is > Music

Date Added > in the last > 30 days

You could also sort the main Songs view by Date Added, by clicking on the column heading. (Add a Date Added column if you need to by right-clicking or Control-clicking on the row of column headers and selecting it from the list.)

Cheers

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2017 2:56 AM in response to coatli

Hi Coatli,

In version 12.6.2, you can bring back the old list/column view in a couple of different ways:

• To see your whole library in list form, select "Songs" from the sidebar.
  • To view a playlist this way, go to the View menu and select View As > Songs.
  • "Recently Added" is a special case, as this does not function like an ordinary playlist. You could make your own Recently Added playlist, if you want, by creating a new smart playlist and giving it a couple of simple rules — for instance:

Media kind > is > Music

Date Added > in the last > 30 days

You could also sort the main Songs view by Date Added, by clicking on the column heading. (Add a Date Added column if you need to by right-clicking or Control-clicking on the row of column headers and selecting it from the list.)

Cheers

can't view iTunes' recently added as a list! (only as thumbnails, grid view)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.