Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime app is missing in app store.

When I search for "FaceTime" in app store (from iPhone or iTunes) -- it's not there. In iTunes I search for all apps by "Apple" -- many builtin apps show, but no FaceTime. Can I not find it, or is it not there?

Makes it very difficult to restore.

iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Aug 20, 2017 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2017 1:34 PM

When I search for "FaceTime" in the (U.S.) App Store, I find it just fine.

User uploaded file

So it sounds like you have some other issue. Perhaps you're in a region where FaceTime is prohibited. Perhaps you have some restriction on your iPhone. Perhaps you misspelled "FaceTime".

10 replies

Aug 20, 2017 3:29 PM in response to Kent96825

Kent96825 wrote:

And I don't understand why it would not show up in iTunes on my Mac.

It does not show up in iTunes on my Mac either (even though it does show up in the App Store on my iPhone). I believe this is by design.

Of course, you could use your Mac to restore your iPhone which should bring back FaceTime, as well as the rest of the latest iOS version.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

FaceTime app is missing in app store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.