Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7 plus water-damaged fixing cost

i got my iphone 7 plus water-damaged because i took some photos underwater no more than 50cm depth. Is this damage fatal to my iphone. and if i am going to get it fixed by apple, how much will it cost knowing that i am still under warranty despite that water damage is not covered by the warranty.

note: i talked with an apple agent and he told me it is a hardware problem

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Aug 21, 2017 8:10 AM

3 replies

Aug 23, 2017 6:52 AM in response to muhammadMD

Hi

iPhone 7 Plus is splash and water resistant, but it is not waterproof and it should not be intentionally submerged in water:

Do not try to turn on, use or charge your iPhone whilst moisture may be present.

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to have your iPhone checked and to establish your available service options, timescales and cost.

Apple's out-of-warranty service cost for iPhone 7 Plus in the US, for example, is $349 plus tax and, if required, shipping:

iPhone Service Pricing - Apple Support

iphone 7 plus water-damaged fixing cost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.