Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPad Pro has a bad echo for all of my callers that my iPad Air did not have using skype. It seems like the microphone is rebroadcasting their conversation back to them.

My new iPad Pro has echo for callers that my iPad air does not have. My iOS and skype versions are current. I have reducing volume on my iPad but that does not help. It seems the mic is rebroadcasting the callers conversation.

Posted on Aug 21, 2017 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2017 6:26 PM

I have been on the apple customer care line all day. They claim it is skype but alas it is not. I also installed hang out and the same thing happens. The Ipad pro has a technical problem they are not admitting.

18 replies

Oct 23, 2017 6:50 PM in response to schufamily

I purchased the ipad pro 12.9 2017 for basically the sole purpose of using it on Skype and FB Messenger and I called support months ago and I was told there were no other people saying that. I literally want to trash my ipad as I feel I wasted $1300 when my 9.7" was and is working perfectly. It is "comforting" to see that I am not the only one in this position but frustrating at the same time knowing hard earned money was spent needlessly.

Nov 4, 2017 7:16 AM in response to cmyhero

Actually it may not be totally wrong, the form factor inside could be laid out differently, the microphones are in a different spot and it may not even be the mic itself picking stuff up from the speakers directly? The vibrations (which is how a microphone works) may travel differently through the frame of the iPad which inadvertently gets picked up by the microphone. FaceTime may be able to cancel it out as it may have some sort of programming that is built into it to give it a short delay from the time something plays to cancel it out or another way, but that being said, other iPads have their speakers and mics in different spots so it may just not be picked up as sensitively as the new iPad Pro’s.

That at being said, it’s not only the iPad Pro’s as I have had people complain about this from time to time on my iPhone as well. It is a software thing as it can be programmed to remove it as shown by FaceTime being able to correct it. I have never had anyone complain with FaceTime but many times coming from Skype.

Nov 4, 2017 7:38 AM in response to ZintainUSA

Thanks for your technical and good explanation..

I don’t actually know in detail about microphone system, but comparing to old version of ipad the close speakers were the first reason I actually thought about. I have many other apple devices and never had problems using skype... however I still really think that ipad pro is a great device and not disappointed of my new purchase...

Nov 4, 2017 8:45 AM in response to ZintainUSA

As I said previously FB works fine but Skype FB Messenger and then Zangi and Imo do not work on the 2017 without an echo repeated back to the listener. I certainly am disappointed as my 2016 was/is working fine and my sole purpose of the larger unit was to see the people I was speaking with easier because the image was larger. Unfortunately these do not have Apple devices so I am using my 2016 IPad Pro 9.7" with IOS 11 without any similar issue except me being out $1300 for the 2017 unit.

Nov 24, 2017 9:08 AM in response to schufamily

I bought two 2017 iPad Pro 12.9 early November and having the same bad echo from the calling party.

Maybe I should go back and return the iPad Pro? This is a very disappointing basic problem and should not happen on such higher end model. All my other older iPads doesn't have this problem, even my iPad 3 doesn't have this problem. Seems like apple is not admitting the problem with the latest pro. I really disappointed with the lastest iPad Pro. I would not recommend to anyone about this product. for this simplest problem they could not even fix it, why count on this iPad being a pro model? its such a joke!!! Apple should really take care this!!!!!!!!

I googled and found this problem had been there only with the latest model??? Such a shame!!!!!!!!!

Nov 24, 2017 9:33 AM in response to schufamily

I wish I would have had the IOS 11 upgrade within my first 30 days as I would have returned this in a heartbeat. As it is right now I am tempted to trash it as I only bought it for large screen on my skype and other video chats. Wonder who would want to purchase a barely used device lol I am disgusted with this as you may tell.

My new iPad Pro has a bad echo for all of my callers that my iPad Air did not have using skype. It seems like the microphone is rebroadcasting their conversation back to them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.