Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover songs from my iTunes Match Cloud account?

In an effort to delete some unwanted albums I accidentally permanently deleted almost my entire iTunes Library, how can I recover these songs from my iTunes Match Cloud account? Most of these were from CDs that were lost or stolen a few years back. Hard drive recovery failed since the file system was on my NAS array and was Linux based.

Thanks

Steve

Posted on Aug 22, 2017 9:17 AM

3 replies

Aug 22, 2017 11:50 AM in response to followchrist

Apple have your purchase history. Why would they keep a record of anything else? By all means call them up and ask. You might be able to view a snapshot of what you've lost if you go offline and look at a copy of one of the recent files in your Previous iTunes Libraries folder (see Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash) but I don't think you can use that data to rebuild the connections to store. Again the only people who might know would be Apple.

RAID 1 would have given you protection against the failure of one of the drives in the enclosure, but not much else.

tt2

Aug 22, 2017 9:24 AM in response to followchrist

If the tracks show in your iCloud Music library they can be downloaded via the cloud download symbol. Once you remove them from the iCloud library and your hard drive there is no getting them back. The iCloud Music Library is live, there is no Time Machine for it that lets you restore it to an earlier state. Is your own computer backed up locally? Is this media stored on any other device it could be recovered from?

tt2

Aug 22, 2017 10:54 AM in response to turingtest2

I stored all my library on my NAS had drive which is RAID 1 as a disaster procedure. When I deleted the files from the Library it removed it from the NAS and the second drive as well. I ran a recovery program but the files were gone. Doesn't Apple know what my Library was before I deleted them? I would be surprised if they didn't have some record for legal reasons down the road.

How can I recover songs from my iTunes Match Cloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.