Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s Stuck in recovery mode saying support.apple.com/iphone/restore, boot loop and will not restore

Hey my iPhone 6s is stuck in recovery mode saying support.apple.com/iPhone/restore but when I restore it, It wont restore.
When I exit recovery mode it boot loops.
This iPhone is not jail broken.
It gets stuck on verifying iPhone restore.

One day it crashed whilst use and tried to restart it then it did what was above. ^^^

Does anyone know anything or what has happened?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.3, I think its 10.3.3 atleast

Posted on Aug 22, 2017 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2017 2:37 PM

Hi

Turn iPhone off

Make sure your pc is running the latest iTunes 12.6.2

Connect lead to USB on your pc

Press & hold just the power button down on iPhone don't let go

Connect lead to iPhone keep power button pressed down until pc sees iPhone Then wait for restore you may need to do this more than once Before it works.

If it doesn't make an appointment at Apple store For checking.

Or contact Support.apple.com

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2017 2:37 PM in response to Iplayz

Hi

Turn iPhone off

Make sure your pc is running the latest iTunes 12.6.2

Connect lead to USB on your pc

Press & hold just the power button down on iPhone don't let go

Connect lead to iPhone keep power button pressed down until pc sees iPhone Then wait for restore you may need to do this more than once Before it works.

If it doesn't make an appointment at Apple store For checking.

Or contact Support.apple.com

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

Aug 28, 2017 3:49 AM in response to Iplayz

Hi,

You are not alone, it also happened to me with in an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB and using official iOS10.3.3 (not jailbroken nor misused). And from other posts that I readm looks like other users are facing also similar HW issues, most probably due any nasty bug in iOS, or NAND flash manufacturing issue.

May I ask you which iOS version where you using and the capacity of your model?

Cheers

Dec 11, 2017 3:43 AM in response to tlamp53

I am having similar issues.. I have a iPhone 6S 128GB.. I was being prompted multiple times to update the iOS so when I finally had the space for it, I updated..

I tried updating OTA but had an issue and update didn’t push through.. So I deleted the iOS file downloaded on the phone and performed the iOS update using iTunes.. Update failed again and iTunes asked me to restore and update.. Then on the process still had an error restoring, so now my phone is stuck on recovery mode.. Tried this twice to no avail..

So I went to the Apple authorized repair center, and they told me the iOS must have a bug that caused the issue.. And they are charging me $40++ to restore my iPhone, and its not even guaranteed!! And they told me that if they can’t restore it, its most likely a hardware issue and they are gonna charge more and they advised it would probably better for me to buy a new iPhone!! Like ***??? This morning I have a perfectly working phone and now just because of an iOS Update, my phone is not working anymore!! And I need to pay God knows how much just to get it working again.. Really Apple, really???

Dec 11, 2017 3:58 AM in response to Iplayz

I am having similar issues.. I have a iPhone 6S 128GB.. I was being prompted multiple times to update the iOS so when I finally had the space for it, I updated..

I tried updating OTA but had an issue and update didn’t push through.. So I deleted the iOS file downloaded on the phone and performed the iOS update using iTunes.. Update failed again and iTunes asked me to restore and update.. Then on the process still had an error restoring, so now my phone is stuck on recovery mode.. Tried this twice to no avail..

So I went to the Apple authorized repair center, and they told me the iOS must have a bug that caused the issue.. And they are charging me $40++ to restore my iPhone, and its not even guaranteed!! And they told me that if they can’t restore it, its most likely a hardware issue and they are gonna charge more and they advised it would probably better for me to buy a new iPhone!! Like W.T.F??? This morning I had a perfectly working phone and now just because of an iOS Update, my phone is not working anymore!! And I need to pay God knows how much just to get it working again.. Really Apple, really???

Iphone 6s Stuck in recovery mode saying support.apple.com/iphone/restore, boot loop and will not restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.