Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2017 Palm Rejection

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips to improve palm rejection? The giant trackpad is ridiculous and makes my laptop barely useable. I tried putting some electrical tape on the areas where my palm rests based on the recommendations I've seen on these forums but this did not help.

Disabling tap to click does not help nor does disabling any of the other gestures.

Have also tried third party software better touch tool to no avail.

Will be returning the mac if can't get it fixed. I just can't comprehend how Apple could allow this to happen. It's bordering on ludicrous.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Aug 22, 2017 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2017 9:59 AM

It's terrible. I'm seriously considering selling my 2016 Macbook Pro and getting a windows laptop. I looked at the Macbook Air but I just can't go back to that screen. I don't know what Apple is doing but it's bad. The trackpad is way too big and palm rejection is not working the way it should.

3 replies

Dec 26, 2017 4:18 AM in response to maddog26

Totally agree "The giant trackpad is ridiculous and makes my laptop barely useable" - why on earth did they change the size - it was perfect before. Also - why did they make the keyboard keys bigger (and therefore closer together), why did they make the key clicks insanely noisy, why did they take away the key travel so it is like typing on concrete?

I just hate using this thing so much. I am almost considering moving back to a windows machine. Urrgghh

MacBook Pro 2017 Palm Rejection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.