2706 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2007 7:10 PM by Alton Brantley
There is a note--somewhere in the Apple Support site--that says something like "To prolong life of your battery, it is recommended that you disconnect the plug once the battery is fully charged"
Not sure where this is, but I believe there is a basic Battery Life page describing all this.
Search for it. Good luck.
I now have further information.
After charging, the power adapter is warm to hot.
After running with power connected, the power adapter is warm to hot.
After disconnecting the MagSafe connector (and letting time pass), the power adapter(while still plugged into the wall) is cool to the touch.
I am therefore concluding that there is some active circuitry in the power adapter that senses (or responds to) the MagSafe connector being engaged, and that reduces the power draw and heat deterioration of the power adapter.
As always, an answer from an authoritative source would be nice.
MacBook Mac OS X (10.4.8) 2GB Apple RAM