Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime/ Message Login problems?

When i try and sign into FaceTime i get a pop up that reads:

"FaceTime wants to use your confidential information stored in 'IDS: <icloudemail>-AuthToken' in your keychain.

No matter whether i 'always allow', 'deny' or 'allow' it just kicks me out. Cannot get into iMessage or FaceTime . Both apps accept my iCloud login and password, then get no further.

i tried reset NVRAM, PRAM, safe mode, create new admin user, reinstall OSX in recovery mode. Any help please?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 23, 2017 7:44 AM

4 replies

Aug 24, 2017 3:40 PM in response to MikePham91

Hi MikePham91,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see that when trying to sign in to FaceTime or iMessage, you get a pop up message that says "FaceTime wants to use your confidential information stored in 'IDS: <icloudemail>-AuthToken' in your keychain." FaceTime and iMessage are great for communicating with friends and family, so I'll be happy to provide some help.

It looks like you've done some good troubleshooting so far. I suggest trying the steps in the following support article:
If you can‘t sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

You can skip any of the steps you've already tried.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards.

FaceTime/ Message Login problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.