Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Request to change username

Is it possible to have my username changed?

I don't recall setting it as this, however, it had to be my doing. It appears to have been a pretty poor decision at the very least.

Posted on Aug 23, 2017 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2017 7:53 PM

Pikooo, I understand that you are trying very hard to be helpful - BUT - you are giving some wrong advice at times

In this case, the OP (original poster) is wanting to change their Apple Support Communities UserName.

NO user can change their own ASC username. ONLY the Hosts (moderators) have that capability - which is why we must REPORT their request to the Hosts.

YOU cannot report as yet (a Level 2 privilege).

If you do not understand the user's issue, do not say anything - but DO follow the conversation so that you learn about it.

Post ONLY answers that you have personally tested - recently, as sometimes Apple makes changes since the last time you tested

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2017 7:53 PM in response to Pikooo

Pikooo, I understand that you are trying very hard to be helpful - BUT - you are giving some wrong advice at times

In this case, the OP (original poster) is wanting to change their Apple Support Communities UserName.

NO user can change their own ASC username. ONLY the Hosts (moderators) have that capability - which is why we must REPORT their request to the Hosts.

YOU cannot report as yet (a Level 2 privilege).

If you do not understand the user's issue, do not say anything - but DO follow the conversation so that you learn about it.

Post ONLY answers that you have personally tested - recently, as sometimes Apple makes changes since the last time you tested

Request to change username

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.