Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backdoor Virus pop-up issue

I am experiencing a pop-up stating Back Door Virus Detected. This occurs intermitantly. I am using OS ver. 10.11.6, Chrome ver. 60.0.3112.101. I have cleared the browser history and cache. Does anyone have a suggestion to remove this pop-up.

User uploaded file

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015), iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Aug 23, 2017 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2017 8:50 PM

A web browser has no way of knowing if you do, or don’t, have a virus installed. Since there are no Mac viruses in the wild, it’s safe to say you do not have a virus.

This is a scam. Don’t click on any links or call any phone numbers. Quit your browser, clear it’s history and web data, and don’t visits sites that generate such scams.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2017 8:50 PM in response to cjvoz

A web browser has no way of knowing if you do, or don’t, have a virus installed. Since there are no Mac viruses in the wild, it’s safe to say you do not have a virus.

This is a scam. Don’t click on any links or call any phone numbers. Quit your browser, clear it’s history and web data, and don’t visits sites that generate such scams.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Backdoor Virus pop-up issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.