Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Charger: Genuine or Counterfeit?

Hello.

So a couple of days ago I bought an iPhone 6, here in Brazil, on the internet, and since I've opened the box, and saw the accessories I had the feeling of something different about them. Thankfully, as I have a 5s with original accessories, I had something to compare them with. The first thing I noticed was the EarPods, awful built quality, poor sound, no bass, no "Designed by Apple in California" printed on it. So I'm sure about that one. And I've already contacted the seller. But I'm having a hard time deciding either the charger adapter is fake or not.

So, here's some things I've noticed in comparison to my oem charger:

1° My OEM is considerably heavier than this "fake" one.

2° the "fake" one feels very hollow when I tap them with my fingers. My oem is almost hollow free. (Sorry, I'm not sure you use "hollow" to describe something empty inside).

3° I'm having trouble to charge the iPhone 6. It shows it's charging but it turns off while I'm using it.

Here's a pic. I know it's not a good shot, but the flash wouldn't help.

The one on the top is the "fake" one, the other one is my OEM. The model is A1400.

User uploaded file

I think probably the American users won't be able to help me as they they have a different adapter. I'll hoping Europeans will be able to help me though. So what you guys think? I'm betting it's counterfeit... thanks!!

Posted on Aug 25, 2017 2:21 PM

2 replies

Apple Charger: Genuine or Counterfeit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.