Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keep saying storage full did everything... i dont evwn have a lot of pics.... it still has space.. but cant download

keep saying storage full did everything... i dont evwn have a lot of pics.... it still has space.. but cant download

Posted on Aug 26, 2017 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2017 10:29 AM

Hi

The following Apple Support articles offer Apple's advice for checking and managing storage space on your iPhone:

7 replies

Aug 27, 2017 8:53 AM in response to MuslimT@8007

MuslimT@8007,

In addition to wolfche's comments, see below:

Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage under STORAGE go to Manage Storage. It will then show the apps that are using your storage listed in order of usage.

Then focus on the apps with the most storage and delete data as appropriate. Large videos and podcasts that take up a lot of storage, can often times be deleted because you can usually download them again if you want view them.

Note: deleted photos are not necessarily deleted from the phone. You may have to go to Photos > Albums > Recently Deleted and delete them from there to truly free up storage.

Let us know how it turns out.

Nov 7, 2017 4:43 AM in response to MrBill3

A large number of people are reportingthat the vast majority / all of their storage is being allocated to System.

Right now 14GB of my iphone storage is allocatted to system.

I have been fighting a losing battle over the last few months in that when it initally said storage was full I started to delete the apps taking up most storage.

However, each time I did what should have become avaialble was immediately allocated to storage, so it achieved nothing.

I have no more apps to delete without making my phone, well basically a phone, and my phone is at a stand still , its started to auto close apps I open.

I have had an online chat with Apple, they acknowledged its not right but couldn't put it right. They have told me to go into a store!

If anyone has taken this one step further, i.e. they have managed to resolve or in store Apple have will they give step by step.

Note I do not need anyone to tell me how to check storage, delete Apps, move photos or use Icloud - as I have already gone through all steps.

What I simply want to know is why is all my avaiable storage set to system and how do I overcome it or is my phone only fit for the bin!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.