Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD 2 , IOS 9.3.5

IPAD 2 , IOS 9.3.5 . Previously , I had stored my data from VIDEO DL apps in the iCloud and if I deleted the data from VIDEO DL apps on my IPAD 2 does it also deleted the data from the iCloud ?

Posted on Aug 27, 2017 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2017 6:11 PM

How did the videos get in iCloud? Did you export them from the App into the iCloud drive?

If so, then they should not be deleted from iCloud if you remove them from the App.

If the App itself uploads to iCloud then they may be removed from iCloud when you delete from the App if the App syncs changes to iCloud.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2017 6:11 PM in response to Kinkinchia

How did the videos get in iCloud? Did you export them from the App into the iCloud drive?

If so, then they should not be deleted from iCloud if you remove them from the App.

If the App itself uploads to iCloud then they may be removed from iCloud when you delete from the App if the App syncs changes to iCloud.

Aug 28, 2017 3:02 PM in response to Kinkinchia

Kinkinchia wrote:

My next question was how to save my ipad video data from the apps to iCloud Drive .

The VideoDL app would need to have away to export the videos. A sharing icon. Many times it looks like an arrow coming out of a box.User uploaded file

That generally has an "Open With" option or even Save to option you can use.

User uploaded file

Kinkinchia wrote:

Hopefully Apple have a option to delete the data from the apps but the data still there in iCloud

Happle has very little say on how the Apps manage their data and store it in iCloud. They cannot really impose a mechanism to app developers.

Its up to the developer to add this type of management to files they save in iCloud.

Aug 27, 2017 5:27 PM in response to Phil0124

Thank you for your help , phil0124 .

What apps ? - VIDEO DL , I purchased it a few years ago and I could'nt find it in the apps store now .

How do they store the data ? It was stored in VIDEO DL apps

Do they offer local storage of the data ? It was stored in my ipad 2 in the video DL apps

What do the Developers say about this ? I had not contacted them yet . Also unsure whether they will get back to me or not , Apps no more at apps store and it's been a few years last purchased it .

Aug 27, 2017 9:49 PM in response to Phil0124

Thanks once again .

Video data was sync to the iCloud not to the iCloud Drive . You have a point , if I delete the video data from the ipad and automatically the data that was saved to iCloud will also be deleted .

My next question was how to save my ipad video data from the apps to iCloud Drive . I think I was unable to do it , I can only save it to goggle drive or drop box . But still , it cannot upload to google drive or drop box .

User uploaded file

IPAD 2 , IOS 9.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.