Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods make a strange beeping noise

My AirPods will just beep randomly, it's quiet but it is noticeable. Sometimes it happens when I open or close things on my phone, or when I start something or use the keyboard. But other times it just happens. It never happens when it is playing music, but when nothing is playing or no noise is being emitted, I hear these beeps quite often. Is that normal?

Posted on Aug 27, 2017 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2017 8:16 PM

AirPods may chime to indicate low battery.

If you're noticing an issue with unexpected or unusual sounds from your AirPods, try unpairing and repairing your AirPods. Do this by tapping on them in the bluetooth settings on your iOS device.

If you're still noticing the noise, try restoring the firmware:

1. Place both AirPods in the charging case after
  2. Press and hold the button on the charging case until it flashes white
  3. Place the case with the AirPods inserted on charge.
  4. Wait until either the LED turns green, or until 10 minutes has elapsed. You can close the lid while you're waiting for the firmware to update.

If you're still having issues, Contact Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2017 8:16 PM in response to Darrix L

AirPods may chime to indicate low battery.

If you're noticing an issue with unexpected or unusual sounds from your AirPods, try unpairing and repairing your AirPods. Do this by tapping on them in the bluetooth settings on your iOS device.

If you're still noticing the noise, try restoring the firmware:

1. Place both AirPods in the charging case after
  2. Press and hold the button on the charging case until it flashes white
  3. Place the case with the AirPods inserted on charge.
  4. Wait until either the LED turns green, or until 10 minutes has elapsed. You can close the lid while you're waiting for the firmware to update.

If you're still having issues, Contact Apple Support

AirPods make a strange beeping noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.