Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded Purchased Ringtone not appearing on Ringtones List

I went settings, went to Sound, went to Ringtones, clicked on Stores. Downloaded and paid for a ringtone 20 seconds long. Downloaded to my phone. It's under the Music app. Went back into Settings, Sound, Ringtones and my purchase is not appearing.

User uploaded file

Posted on Aug 31, 2017 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2017 1:05 PM

That’s a different issue from the one you originally posted about.

Other users are having the same problem with their ringtone selections being ignored in iOS 11. Let Apple know.

The more people report the bug, the better chances of Apple addressing it.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

9 replies

Oct 6, 2017 12:48 PM in response to Rysz

Rysz, as per your advice, I sent feedback to Apple on the ringtone fiasco. I then texted with an Apple online tech who had not heard of the issue with purchased ringtones. He spoke with a colleague and then, assured me that Apple would shortly release an update that would rectify the issue. I imagine they include this when they need to update something "meatier" than ringtones! 😕

Jan 23, 2018 5:10 AM in response to Kluivert007

I just upgraded to the iPhone 7 Plus. I’ve purchased a few songs now. Trying to add as my ringtone. Options are the inbuilt ones, or it has option to go buy one, or go to your purchased songs. It takes you there, and then no option to add them? When I click on my purchased song, it says downloaded, but in my list, it says no songs downloaded? So annoying

Downloaded Purchased Ringtone not appearing on Ringtones List

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.