Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus home button making noise

All of the sudden my home button has begun making a much more significant clicking sound when I press into it. I have not dropped my iPhone, nor has this been an issue before. It literally randomly started making a loud sound when I click, and it also affects the sound from the vibration when my phone goes off. The vibration is now extremely loud and irritating. I've had this 7 Plus only since April and I have no clue what to do.

Posted on Aug 31, 2017 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2017 8:59 AM

Hi

The following steps may help:

Check and, if desired, adjust your Home Button click setting:

• Go to: Settings > Home Button - select your preferred click from the three options, which vary in haptic feedback intensity and volume.

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone to the latest software, starting by making a backup:

Restart your iPhone (normally):

If the issue persists and you are concerned about a hardware defect, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your iPhone to be checked and, if required, serviced:

iPhone Service Answer Center - Apple Support

More information:

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2017 8:59 AM in response to Keirstyn

Hi

The following steps may help:

Check and, if desired, adjust your Home Button click setting:

• Go to: Settings > Home Button - select your preferred click from the three options, which vary in haptic feedback intensity and volume.

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone to the latest software, starting by making a backup:

Restart your iPhone (normally):

If the issue persists and you are concerned about a hardware defect, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your iPhone to be checked and, if required, serviced:

iPhone Service Answer Center - Apple Support

More information:

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iPhone 7 Plus home button making noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.