Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is my.min.box.email found under IMAP RedAlerts

Hello

I am using iPhone 6S+, 64Gb...40 available, latest version of IOS......I'm sorry. I don't remember the rest.

My question/problem? Something recently changed on my phone that is eating my battery like crazy. So, as I was going through all of my settings for everything in there, I decided to actually see what was in my RedAlerts Emergency since I haven't looked at it since I first got the 6S. When you open Red Alerts, you see it says IMAP type. I'm sorry....let me backtrack a little. From my profile, then Red Alert and on that page it says, Contains Email Account. When I just glanced at that statement, I assumed it was talking about my primary email account.

I kept following the arrows till Accounts 1, where it goes to the screen after that where it still says Red Alerts, Type IMAP. When you open Accounts, at the top it says IMAP Account, and has all the information except what I want to know. First thing I noticed is under Name it just says Me, then an address (on my phone at least): pinedLajuan@my.minbox.email. I won't go into all of the information it has under Incoming and Outgoing Mail Servers. I want to know who pinedLajuan is and how/why it is in my phone. And if it uses maps on my phone, I just changed several things on my maps.

Does anyone know what this is? Could it be harmful to my phone? BTW...when I searched Apps , there is no IMAP or RedAlerts (Emergency). There is a Red Alert Israel, but when you type in Emergency you get nothing. With everything I read about malware riding in on Trojan Horses, and XXX number of Apps in general being infected, this kind of stuff scares me.

I would really appreciate answers to this. I think I saw a "Delete All" button, but WTH???

Thank you

B. Morris

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.2

Posted on Aug 31, 2017 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2017 9:41 AM

Hi,

Is sound as that you have use Minbox merges email and the cloud for frictionless file sharing.

Or accidentally clicked on an ad that installed a device profile with imap.

To remove it go to Settings General Profile and delete it from there. For more info on Profiles, see this Apple article.

5 replies

Sep 4, 2017 10:58 PM in response to texaz56

Thanks. If you do not recognize that Configuration Profile or are certain you want it, delete it. Tap that Profile, then Delete Profile in red text at the bottom.

If there is an app on your phone with that Profile associated with it, the following will also be applicable: How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

I just didn't want to do it until I could try to find out how this whole thing got into my phone.

I understand, but if you don't know how it came to be installed on your iPhone, I certainly don't either. iOS Profiles cannot be installed without your consent. From what you describe, that Profile may have been installed on your iPhone to convey the equivalent of "Amber alerts" in the United States. To learn about that read About emergency and AMBER alerts on your iPhone - Apple Support. Unlike what you appear to be experiencing, they do not require the installation of a Profile.

Sep 1, 2017 9:33 AM in response to texaz56

When you open Red Alerts, you see it says IMAP type.

There is no such setting on any of my iPhones or iPads.

Describe how you came upon it, in as much detail as you are able to provide, so that someone can duplicate what you are seeing on your iPhone.

Start with an iPhone at its Home screen. Explain what to do, which icon to tap, etc.

Sep 4, 2017 7:36 PM in response to John Galt

Well hello John Galt. Sorry it's taken so long to answer, but I wanted to triple check what I reported.

So, from the home page>Settings>General, scroll down to Profile. My Profile is not my name or ID. It says "RedAlerts Emergency". Open that and you see heading of Configuration Profile and under that it again says R.A.E. with Red Alerts as a kind of subfolder maybe? Touch on that and it opens to the same R.A.E. and Red Alerts. This page looks to be the verification approved page. Because it says "Signed by *redalerts.org and in green letters Verified with a check mark. Then Description that says Tap Install to complete setup of your Alerts. Then Contains Email Account . There is also on this page a choice to open for more details. Which I did and it is a list of signing certificates, who's overall authority is COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA and gives the exp date as February 11, 2029.

NOW, if you go back to the verified page, you can choose Accounts, which in my case has a 1 there. When I opened the Account it says RedAlerts Emergency and underneath that heading it says "Type: IMAP then Server:20170620.imap.email" and if you follow the little arrow, it has a whole bunch of info. I am not going any further with the description, except to say the address has Name=Me, then address = pinedLajuan@my.minbox.email. Then there is info such as Incoming Mail Server with host name, user name and other things. Then it has OUTGOING MAIL SERVER and several subjects about the account.

One thing I have to say, is on the page where it says Verified is a bottom choice to Delete Profile, which I will do. I just didn't want to do it until I could try to find out how this whole thing got into my phone. And also, I did Google all 3 certification names. What it seems to be is an app out of England that is to inform the person with the phone of different types of emergencies. Like on my iPhone under Notifications it has Government Alerts and then AMBER Alerts then Emergency Alerts. But you can only turn on/off.

There. I think that's it. If you need to know all the stuff I didn't want to put here, let me know and I will do so. Especially if it helps figure out how it snuck into my phone.

Thanks

Barbara Morris

Sep 4, 2017 7:44 PM in response to Raicya

Hello Raicya

If I have used a Minbox for anything, I don't know how. It's nothing I ever looked into. And I never click on any ads. Scared to these days! If you read my answer to John Galt, it does have the choice to delete something. I suppose the person who does have the app. And I assume the entire thing. But, like I said, before deleting anything, I would really like to know how it got on my phone. I have a feeling though, that I will be deleting the account before I get any answers.

Thank you

Barbara Morris

What is my.min.box.email found under IMAP RedAlerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.