Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone pre-order delivery date (2017)

Hi, I'm going to pre-order the iPhone 8 and I would like to know if I pre-order as soon as it opens will I receive the product on the release date? This is my first time pre-ordering an iPhone and I'm not sure whether its best to have it delivered or pick up in store as I'm betting there will be a massive queue. Thanks in advanced

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 1, 2017 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2017 7:44 AM

Generally Pre-Orders are not received on the release date. iPhone 7 pre-orders started to be delivered a week after general release date.

Also Delivery is tied to many factors. Including availability and weather. The iPhone 7 was delayed due to severe weather in the pacific last year. And a severe lack of availability of the Jet Black color.

Pre-Orders are just a way to secure the item, not the delivery date.

Shipping to store will cause you to wait in a queue as they get to you yes and are generally known to be very long. But still guarantees you'll get your product.

Generally expect 1 to 2 weeks of delivery time after pre-ordering.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2017 7:44 AM in response to jenz454

Generally Pre-Orders are not received on the release date. iPhone 7 pre-orders started to be delivered a week after general release date.

Also Delivery is tied to many factors. Including availability and weather. The iPhone 7 was delayed due to severe weather in the pacific last year. And a severe lack of availability of the Jet Black color.

Pre-Orders are just a way to secure the item, not the delivery date.

Shipping to store will cause you to wait in a queue as they get to you yes and are generally known to be very long. But still guarantees you'll get your product.

Generally expect 1 to 2 weeks of delivery time after pre-ordering.

Sep 1, 2017 7:51 AM in response to jenz454

That's up to the store, how they manage it. Generally Pre-Orders get told when and at what time to be at the store, and will get called eventually.

People without a pre-order are first come first serve.

Even if you ship to store, Pre-Orders many not be delivered to the store on release date, depending on demand.

The only way to guarantee you get in on release date is to get to the store super early on release day and get in the queue.

With that said, I doubt its worth all that trouble to get it on release date.

iPhone pre-order delivery date (2017)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.