Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air early 2015 battery capacity dropped to 6 hours suddenly

I bought a MacBook Air, early 2015 model in June 2016 and have had only 208 battery cycles till date. The battery used to work for 10 to 11 hours with heavy usage also but I have noticed that as soon as 1 year was over the battery capacity dropped to 6 to 7 hours suddenly. Now with even very low memory consumption usage the battery lasts for 6 to 7 hours. How is it possible? I check the battery status also, it is normal.

Here are more details about my MBA

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

System report screenshot

User uploaded file

What could be wrong? The number of charge cycles are also less, I am hardly using any apps (Chrome and Office suite mostly). How is it possible that suddenly my MBA's battery deteriorated? Is this some trick from Apple so that users buy new models or batteries?

I read on this forum that MBA's batteries are stable at least till 1000 cycles, I have reached 1/5th yet... Is there any way I can bring the battery back to normal?

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Sep 2, 2017 2:01 PM

1 reply

Macbook Air early 2015 battery capacity dropped to 6 hours suddenly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.