Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access to Hotmail account since activation of Two Step Verification Process similar to google. Will not accept password. What can I do?

I have updated my access to my Hotmail account and have since activated the Two Step Verification Process similar to google. However now even though I put in the correct password I can get my account authenticated... is there anything I can do?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2, Wallet not opening

Posted on Sep 3, 2017 10:58 AM

6 replies

Sep 3, 2017 1:04 PM in response to Stingray714

1. Whose two step verification had you turned on and then off?

Since you are trying to use Microsoft Authenticator app, that would seem to indicate that you turned on Microsoft's two step verification.

2. If you turned on Microsoft 2 step verification, how are you trying to access your email -- from a)Safari or other internet browser or b) from Apple's Mail application?

If you have 2 step turned on for Microsoft and you are accessing your mail from an internet browser, you would use your normal Microsoft password and the authentication code from the Authenticator app.

If you have 2 step turned on for Microsoft and you are accessing your mail from Apple's Mail app, you would use an "App Password" from Microsoft instead of your usual Microsoft password and there would be no use for the Authenticator app.

More details such as answers to the above may help us help you.

Access to Hotmail account since activation of Two Step Verification Process similar to google. Will not accept password. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.