Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Average Life Span of a MacBook Pro?

Hello everyone! I purchased a MacBook Pro Late 2016 edition (15" Touchbar), and I was wondering, what's the average lifespan of a MacBook Pro? I use mine every day, but mostly for internet browsing, typing up papers, doing homework, and the occasional hobby of music production. Thank you for your time and insight, and have a great day! xP

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2017 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2017 4:41 PM

Hello ChenDynasty,

I typically upgrade my MacBook every 6 years but depending on how much you use your MacBook and how you use it, it will vary. These are my recommendations:

If you use it for email and web browsing, you should upgrade every about 10 or so years.

If you use it for word processing and light tasks, you should upgrade every about 6 years.

If you use it for work/business or intensive tasks (gaming, video editing, etc.), you should upgrade every about 2 years.

This is just what I recommend but feel free to go by your own judgement if you wish. Hope this info is useful!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2017 4:41 PM in response to Csound1

Hello ChenDynasty,

I typically upgrade my MacBook every 6 years but depending on how much you use your MacBook and how you use it, it will vary. These are my recommendations:

If you use it for email and web browsing, you should upgrade every about 10 or so years.

If you use it for word processing and light tasks, you should upgrade every about 6 years.

If you use it for work/business or intensive tasks (gaming, video editing, etc.), you should upgrade every about 2 years.

This is just what I recommend but feel free to go by your own judgement if you wish. Hope this info is useful!

Average Life Span of a MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.