Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Invitation: Response to the invitation cannot be sent

The following pops up all the time: "Calendar Invitation. Your response to the invitation cannot be sent." This has been going on for two months...nothing I do gets rid of it! Help please.

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 3, 2017 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2017 4:08 PM

Hi Macmanclan181!

It sounds like you previously responded to a calendar event, but the response is unable to be sent and you continue to get the notification for this. I'm happy to provide some help with this issue.

For this issue, I recommend that we turn any calendar accounts off and on again. To do this, open Settings > Calendar > Accounts. Choose any accounts here that you use your Calendar with and turn Calendar off and then on again.

Once you've done this, restart your iPhone before testing it again:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!
37 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2017 4:08 PM in response to Macmanclan181

Hi Macmanclan181!

It sounds like you previously responded to a calendar event, but the response is unable to be sent and you continue to get the notification for this. I'm happy to provide some help with this issue.

For this issue, I recommend that we turn any calendar accounts off and on again. To do this, open Settings > Calendar > Accounts. Choose any accounts here that you use your Calendar with and turn Calendar off and then on again.

Once you've done this, restart your iPhone before testing it again:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Nov 12, 2017 3:01 PM in response to Macmanclan181

Hi,

I have the same problem but cannot follow the steps.

I see that you recommended going to Settings>Calendar>Accounts...however when I go to Settings>Calendars it does not give me an option of "Accounts" - was this changed in the last software update? or am I missing something?

Do you have another way to get rid of this error message?

I've tried hard restart and unsyncing calendars, etc but nothing is working and the message keeps popping up.

Thank you

DL

Jan 31, 2018 2:41 AM in response to gdlib

For the IOS 11 replies...

Some of you are are going to settings > calendar.

The advice is to go to settings > accounts and passwords. Under the section for App and Website Passwords, click on the account which is having the Calendar invite issue.

Within that account, you will have the toggle button to turn off the calendar.

Once I did these steps, I power cycled my phone and followed the above steps to re-enable the calendar sync. I am no longer receiving the pop up.

Mar 6, 2018 12:04 AM in response to M..Smith

I’m having th same issue with recurring pop up invitations. Extra challenge to all of the above posts: this invitation has several monthly recurring calls (two separate invitations set to recur in perpetuity) that I no longer have access to (don’t work there anymore). The account is off of my phone, so it has already been unsynced and account deleted. I’m still getting the pop up (about 7 every time I open my phone just from sleep, and several during use depending on time used will get dozens). Please, please help.

I’ve done everything mentioned above in this thread— accounts deleted, removed the calendar, replied to the invitations decline (they’re bi-monthly recurring calls in perpetuity), updated phone and restarted half a dozen times. Please help, I’m desperate, this issue has been Happening since I left the company in early December... pulling my hair out.

Jun 15, 2018 4:34 AM in response to ArnieRoza

it only clears the problem when I hit delete For all the calendars (Gmail and a work exchange) After i powered down and turned it back on, my calendar was clear, then I went back into Accounts and Passwords, toggled the calendars back on and the calendars resynced. It is a bit nerve racking, but it did work. Now Apple needs to fix the root cause of this problem!

Calendar Invitation: Response to the invitation cannot be sent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.