Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Disable - FAKE MAIL??

HI,

I received a mail supposedly from Apple, stating that my Apple ID is disabled. Below is the screen shot of the mail. When I clicked on the Unlock button, it took me to a page to enter personal information and then enter all my Credit Card details, including CVV.

Why would I get this mail from Apple? I had not entered any Card information before also for billing purpose so why am I asked to declare the same again before my ID can be unlocked?

Has anyone else faced this?

Pls advice if this is genuine and why the information is needed?

User uploaded file

<Image Edited for Personal Information>

Posted on Sep 3, 2017 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2017 8:07 AM

Hi

Yes appears to be scam, A tip going forward is to click in the top left where it says from APPLEID and you will see the email that really sent it. and it will not be apple's

This is also a good read: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

i would forward this to reportphishing@apple.com and delete it

if you did provide any information change your password straight away :Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2017 8:07 AM in response to AppleFan_77

Hi

Yes appears to be scam, A tip going forward is to click in the top left where it says from APPLEID and you will see the email that really sent it. and it will not be apple's

This is also a good read: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

i would forward this to reportphishing@apple.com and delete it

if you did provide any information change your password straight away :Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Apple ID Disable - FAKE MAIL??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.