Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you track an iphone with imei number

Posted on Sep 5, 2017 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2017 7:30 AM

Hi

It is not possible for you to track or locate a lost or stolen iPhone via the IMEI or serial number.

Find My iPhone is the only way you can track or locate a lost or stolen iPhone:

• If Find My iPhone was not enabled on your iPhone before it was lost or stolen, then there is no way for you to locate it.
  • If Find My iPhone was enabled on your iPhone, be sure to enable Lost Mode.

Whether Find My iPhone was enabled or not, be sure to also follow all other relevant steps here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If you need the serial number or IMEI for other purposes (such as reporting your missing device), follow the instructions here:

Find the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2017 7:30 AM in response to mabelb

Hi

It is not possible for you to track or locate a lost or stolen iPhone via the IMEI or serial number.

Find My iPhone is the only way you can track or locate a lost or stolen iPhone:

• If Find My iPhone was not enabled on your iPhone before it was lost or stolen, then there is no way for you to locate it.
  • If Find My iPhone was enabled on your iPhone, be sure to enable Lost Mode.

Whether Find My iPhone was enabled or not, be sure to also follow all other relevant steps here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If you need the serial number or IMEI for other purposes (such as reporting your missing device), follow the instructions here:

Find the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.