Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I ride bicycle, standup activity nor cardio activity register.

When I ride my bicycle, standup activity nor cardio activity register on the watch activity app.

Apple Watch Series 2, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Sep 5, 2017 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2017 12:15 PM

Hi

To credit progress towards your Exercise goal, the Activity app aims to identify activity that equals or exceeds the intensity of a brisk walk. This requirement applies both during general daily wear and when recording workouts via the Workout app. Exercise credit is awarded for each minute during which this requirement is met:

It is possible that, during your workouts, you are either not meeting that requirement, only meeting it for part of the time and/or your activity is not being recorded in a way that enables your results to be tracked accurately.

The definition of a brisk walk varies from person to person and depends on your personal information. To check that this is accurate - and to update it over time:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Health > Edit - tap and adjust items, then tap on Done.

For the most accurate results, be sure to record specific fitness activities as workouts using the Workout app (or a third-party app) and to choose the activity type that most closely matches your workout, including choosing Other for workouts that are neither included within nor sufficiently similar to those in the main list.

This enables Apple Watch to use the most appropriate sensors and data sources for that activity type when tracking results.

For cycling workouts, record your activity as Indoor Cycle (spin classes) or Outdoor cycle, as appropriate:

Work out with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

For the purpose of crediting the hourly Stand achievement, your Apple Watch aims to identify when you have stood up and moved around for at least one minute during that hour.

Apple Watch uses an accelerometer to identify movement, so arm movement equivalent to changing from a seated to a standing position followed by a minute's walk around with your arms swinging naturally should help to register this.

If you believe that you have met this requirement, but Stand credits are still not being awarded, it may help to follow these steps, which have previously resolved the same issue for other users:

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

On your iPhone in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > Wrist Detection - confirm that this is turned on.

• Note that Wrist Detection can be affected by temporary or permanent skin changes, such as by some wrist tattoos.
  • Stand credit will not be awarded unless Wrist Detection is enabled.

If Passcode is enabled, check that you are unlocking your watch each day after placing it on your wrist and that you are wearing your watch sufficiently snugly (neither too tightly nor too loosely).

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - turn Fitness Tracking off.

Restart both devices by turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Re-enable Fitness Tracking.

More information:

Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2017 12:15 PM in response to jdflyhi

Hi

To credit progress towards your Exercise goal, the Activity app aims to identify activity that equals or exceeds the intensity of a brisk walk. This requirement applies both during general daily wear and when recording workouts via the Workout app. Exercise credit is awarded for each minute during which this requirement is met:

It is possible that, during your workouts, you are either not meeting that requirement, only meeting it for part of the time and/or your activity is not being recorded in a way that enables your results to be tracked accurately.

The definition of a brisk walk varies from person to person and depends on your personal information. To check that this is accurate - and to update it over time:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Health > Edit - tap and adjust items, then tap on Done.

For the most accurate results, be sure to record specific fitness activities as workouts using the Workout app (or a third-party app) and to choose the activity type that most closely matches your workout, including choosing Other for workouts that are neither included within nor sufficiently similar to those in the main list.

This enables Apple Watch to use the most appropriate sensors and data sources for that activity type when tracking results.

For cycling workouts, record your activity as Indoor Cycle (spin classes) or Outdoor cycle, as appropriate:

Work out with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

For the purpose of crediting the hourly Stand achievement, your Apple Watch aims to identify when you have stood up and moved around for at least one minute during that hour.

Apple Watch uses an accelerometer to identify movement, so arm movement equivalent to changing from a seated to a standing position followed by a minute's walk around with your arms swinging naturally should help to register this.

If you believe that you have met this requirement, but Stand credits are still not being awarded, it may help to follow these steps, which have previously resolved the same issue for other users:

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

On your iPhone in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > Wrist Detection - confirm that this is turned on.

• Note that Wrist Detection can be affected by temporary or permanent skin changes, such as by some wrist tattoos.
  • Stand credit will not be awarded unless Wrist Detection is enabled.

If Passcode is enabled, check that you are unlocking your watch each day after placing it on your wrist and that you are wearing your watch sufficiently snugly (neither too tightly nor too loosely).

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - turn Fitness Tracking off.

Restart both devices by turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Re-enable Fitness Tracking.

More information:

Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

When I ride bicycle, standup activity nor cardio activity register.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.