Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete all bookmarks in Safari at once?

Deleting them one-by-one would be really exhausting, a week's job, so please tell me if there is another way to delete them all at once.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Sep 5, 2017 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2017 8:47 PM

Try Safari/Bookmarks/Edit Bookmarks - click the top bookmark/folder and while holding down the shift key, click the last bookmark/folder. Hit the delete key.

9 replies

Dec 13, 2017 1:19 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi there - I have just upgraded to Mac OS High Sierra and would like to start using Safari again. When I tried to get rid of all the existing bookmarks in Safari to replace them with my Firefox bookmarks, I tried your suggestion above and it didn't work... Furthermore the Delete option in the Edit menu is greyed out... Has this option been removed with the upgrade to High Sierra? Thanks for your help!

How can I delete all bookmarks in Safari at once?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.