Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find iTunes Movie Folder

When I connect my iPad to iTunes and click "Movies", I get the option to sync about 20 movies in the home videos section. However, when I click on some and then click sync or apply, nothing happens. And, I have no "Movies" folder in my iTunes Media Library folder. I created a new "Movies" folder in iTunes, and moved some videos there, but iTunes doesn't see i.

Also, and I can sync a movie that I purchased from iTunes years ago, but I have no idea where this movie is stored on my hard drive. I tried searching for the movie title in Spotlight but nothing came up.

Posted on Sep 5, 2017 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2017 8:24 AM

The default location for Movies is <Media Folder>/Movies where the media folder location can be checked under iTunes > Preferences > Advanced.

New video files imported into iTunes will normally be treated as Home Videos. You can change the Media Kind via Get Info > Options tab.

iTunes doesn't see files you manually place in the media folder automatically. Use the Automatically Add to iTunes folder or File > Add to Library.

You device is probably accessing the purchase directly from the cloud. If there is an entry for it in the library you can use Get Info > File tab to check the location. Or right-click > Show in Finder if applicable.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2017 8:24 AM in response to Moosbrugger

The default location for Movies is <Media Folder>/Movies where the media folder location can be checked under iTunes > Preferences > Advanced.

New video files imported into iTunes will normally be treated as Home Videos. You can change the Media Kind via Get Info > Options tab.

iTunes doesn't see files you manually place in the media folder automatically. Use the Automatically Add to iTunes folder or File > Add to Library.

You device is probably accessing the purchase directly from the cloud. If there is an entry for it in the library you can use Get Info > File tab to check the location. Or right-click > Show in Finder if applicable.

tt2

Can't find iTunes Movie Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.