Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

this apple watch is no longer paired with this iphone

I know this has been asked before, but I've tried everything suggested and it STILL doesn't work. When I first got my watch, I had no problem with it syncing with Apple Health. Then a few months ago, it stopped. I've taken it to AT&T. I've talked with apple support and no one knows. Everything else syncs, messages, notifications, etc (and it also works when I'm not on wifi, so it's not just connecting with a known network as was suggested). I have unpaired the watch and phone and repaired it. I have deleted all of the watch backups. I have set it up as a new watch. And still it tells me this and won't receive anything from any sources. It was doing this with my old phone and now my new phone that I've only had a couple of months. I have tried to "delete all data from apple watch AND iphone" and it won't delete. I know I could redo the phone as new, but I've had an iphone since 2010. I really don't want to lose everything that I have if I were to do that and it worked (since I couldn't then use a backup). All settings have been reset. Everything on both has been reset and still nothing. I had an appointment at an apple store, but due to circumstances, was unable to keep it (the nearest store is about 2 hours away from me, so I have to plan ahead for it). Is there anything that I am missing in being able to basiclally reset health?

Apple Watch, watchOS 3.2.3

Posted on Sep 7, 2017 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2017 9:17 AM

Hi

Given the steps that you have already tried, you may wish follow the steps below, which have resolved Activity data syncing issues for other users.

Important: note that this process involves the permanent loss of all sensitive data on your iPhone and Apple Watch, including historic Health and Activity data, HomeKit data and saved passwords.

Start by making an unencrypted backup of your iPhone:

Restore your iPhone as new (ie to factory settings) using iTunes:

After the Restore completes, during setup, restore your iPhone from the unencrypted backup:

Pair your Apple Watch, setting it up as a new watch (do not restore it from backup):

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2017 9:17 AM in response to MsJennifer

Hi

Given the steps that you have already tried, you may wish follow the steps below, which have resolved Activity data syncing issues for other users.

Important: note that this process involves the permanent loss of all sensitive data on your iPhone and Apple Watch, including historic Health and Activity data, HomeKit data and saved passwords.

Start by making an unencrypted backup of your iPhone:

Restore your iPhone as new (ie to factory settings) using iTunes:

After the Restore completes, during setup, restore your iPhone from the unencrypted backup:

Pair your Apple Watch, setting it up as a new watch (do not restore it from backup):

this apple watch is no longer paired with this iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.