Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch activation error?

Hi,

Recently I resetted my Ipod Touch. However, upon restoring it, both Itunes and the Ipod itself gives a "failed to activate, please try again later" message. The ipod has always been mine, and was never sold. I feel like i'm being locked out of my own device. I still have all my Apple-ID information, but nowhere to enter it.

Thanks in advance

Posted on Sep 9, 2017 3:25 AM

7 replies

Sep 9, 2017 8:06 PM in response to Wnns

There seems to be rash of these Activation Required errors and seem to be affecting, mostly, iPad 2 models.

I have an iPad 2, but currently, it is unaffected by this issue.

It, also, seems this Activation Server Required error is affecting some other older iDevices, as well.

So, clearly, this bug/glitch/error/issue hasn't affected every single older iDevice still in existence and still running.

Sep 10, 2017 7:21 AM in response to Wnns

i have been trying to re activate my i pod touch version 6 for the past two days. together with a member of Apple support team i have gone through all the stages only to get the"UNABLE TO CONTINUE WITH ACTIVATION" message at the end. I have just tried again and have now been informed by a support team member that APPLE are aware of this problem and are trying to fix it. IF and WHEN they are unable to say. i have just written a letter of complaint, i suggest we all do the same, then MAYBE we MIGHT get some kind of result.

Ipod touch activation error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.