Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook keeps waking up due to this daemon. How can I fix it?

After running a syslog, I've discovered that there is a leak.

Sep 7 10:38:34 Razvans-Air accountsd[314] <Warning>: notify name "com.apple.syncdefaultsd.daemon.wake" has been registered 60 times - this may be a leak

This is what is waking up my computer several times a night. There is a second entry, from an time tracking application but there's not much I can do about it.

What is this process and how can I prevent it from waking up my Mac? I'm tired of losing 40% of my battery life overnight.

Thank you,

Razvan

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Sep 9, 2017 3:08 AM

2 replies

Sep 9, 2017 5:07 AM in response to RazvanClaudiu

Please read If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected - Apple Support.

There is a second entry, from an time tracking application but there's not much I can do about it.

What is that time tracking application and why can you not do anything about it?

To extract potentially relevant sleep / wake activity consider using the following shell script:

log show --style syslog --last 24h | egrep -i 'system\ sleep|system\ wake' | egrep -v can | awk -F']' '{print substr($0,1,19), $NF}' 

Copy (triple-click to select the entire line) and Paste that line in a Terminal window. The Terminal app is in your Mac's Utilities folder.

It extracts system sleep / wake activity logged during the previous 24 hours. To change that time period change that value. Copy (Edit > Select All and then Copy) and Paste that Terminal window's contents in a reply to this Discussion. Please omit or obscure any information that you may consider personal.

MacBook keeps waking up due to this daemon. How can I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.