Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding music to photo memories

I am trying to add music from my library to albums in "memories" in the photo app. My software is current. Have many songs in my library that would fit perfectly but I dont know how to do it. Help!!

Posted on Sep 9, 2017 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2017 4:06 AM

Are you trying to add music to a memory on an iPhone/iPad or in Photos on your Mac?

On your mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) do it like this:

http://help.apple.com/iphone/10/#/iphd4f70e68f

Choose different music: Tap Music, then choose music from a soundtrack or from your music library (only music you own that’s stored on iPhone is available).

You cannot use protected music, like Apple Music, only songs you own.

On your Mac you cannot create memory Movies, only play the memory as a slideshow with music. click the Play button in the toolbar, then click "Music" in the play options and select your iTunes Library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2017 4:06 AM in response to screenminimizer

Are you trying to add music to a memory on an iPhone/iPad or in Photos on your Mac?

On your mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) do it like this:

http://help.apple.com/iphone/10/#/iphd4f70e68f

Choose different music: Tap Music, then choose music from a soundtrack or from your music library (only music you own that’s stored on iPhone is available).

You cannot use protected music, like Apple Music, only songs you own.

On your Mac you cannot create memory Movies, only play the memory as a slideshow with music. click the Play button in the toolbar, then click "Music" in the play options and select your iTunes Library.

adding music to photo memories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.